National Directorate Of Statistics Economy and Social
The National Directorate of Economical and Social Statistics, NDESS for short, has the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain systems, SOPs, records management and quality control for the National Directorate, in line with the law and customer service standards.
- Lead and manage the National Directorate’s contribution to DGE planning, reporting, performance management and risk management processes.
- Develop procedures and rules for the collecting and managing primary and secondary statistical data to compile National Accounts and Trade in accordance with International best practice.
- Develop annual plans for the planned key surveys (International Trade and Hotels Survey, Business Activity Survey 2016, monthly Consumer Price Index).
- Manage and monitor all activities of the data collection cycle, including broad statistical frameworks, classifications, standards and concepts.
- Monitor the implementation of collection methods and instruments provided by DN Methodology and Data collection to ensure efficiency in data collection.
- Evaluate and improve the quality and validity of the National Accounts and reports of CPI, BAS, International (Export and Import) Trade and Hotels Statistics produced.
- Coordinate the analysis and production of quarterly booklets to disseminate and socialise key economic statistics that have significant impact on the future economy of Timor Leste.
- Coordinate with CPLP countries to receive statistical information and guidelines of ISIC Timor-Leste and COICOP Timor-Leste for CPLP.